1. Explain the way we use information that you share with us in order to build a great product and give you a great experience with it;
2. Ensure that you understand what information we collect with your permission, and what we do - and do not do - with it;
3. Hold us accountable for protecting your rights and your privacy under this policy.
For any questions concerning your account, this Privacy Statement, or our use of your personal information, cookies or similar technologies, please contact us by email at email@example.com,
If you are a company, an entity or an organisation, references to the term "you" and "your" shall also include your employees, representatives and agents.
We may collect and store the following information -
When you sign up for the Service, we may ask you for information such as your username, password, email address, date of birth, gender, address, postal code, country and any other information that is deemed necessary by us. If you connect to the Service using credentials from a Third Party Application (as defined in the Terms and Conditions of Use) (e.g., Facebook), you authorise us to collect your authentication information, such as your username and encrypted access credentials. We may also collect other information available on or through your Third Party Application account, including, for example, your name, profile picture, country, hometown, email address, date of birth, gender, friends' names and profile pictures, and networks.
You may also choose to voluntarily add other information to your profile, should this option be available to you.
Usage, Log data & Cookies
When you use or interact with the Service, we may use a variety of technologies that collect information about how the Service is accessed and used. This information may include:
1. information about your type of subscription and your interactions with the Service, such as interactions with tutors and other registered MusicPro Users and Customer Service Executives, other audiovisual content, Third Party Applications, and advertising, products, and services which are offered, linked to, or made available on or through the Service;
2. the details of the queries you make and the date and time of your request;
3. User Content (as defined in the Terms and Conditions of Use) you post to the Service including messages you send and/or receive via the Service;
4. Technical data, which may include URL information, cookie data, your IP address, the types of devices you are using to access or connect to the MusicPro Service, unique device ID, device attributes, network connection type (e.g., WiFi, 3G, LTE) and provider, network and device performance, browser type, language, information enabling digital rights management, operating system, and MusicPro application version;
5. motion-generated or orientation-generated mobile sensor data (e.g., accelerometer or gyroscope);
1. Photos and Camera: We will not access your photos or camera without first getting your explicit permission and we will never scan or import your photo library or camera roll. If you give us permission to access photos or your camera, we will only use images that you specifically choose to share with us. (You may use our application to select the photo or photos you choose to share, but we will never import the photos you review except those you explicitly share.).
2. Location: We will not gather or use the specific location of your mobile device (by using, for example, GPS or Bluetooth) without first getting your explicit permission. And if you choose to share location information but later change your mind, you will always have the ability to stop sharing. Please note that this does not include IP address. We will continue to use your IP address to determine, for example, what country you are in and comply with our usage guidelines.
3. Voice: We will not access your microphone without first getting your explicit permission. You will always have the ability to disable microphone access.
Payment Method Information
If you sign up for a Trial (as defined in the Terms and Conditions of Use), purchase any of our Paid Subscriptions (as defined in the Terms and Conditions of Use), or make other purchases through the Service, your credit or debit card information (such as card type and expiration date) and other financial data that we need to process your payment may be collected and stored by us and/or the payment processors with which we work. We may also collect some limited information, such as your postal code, mobile number, and details of your transaction history, all of which are necessary to provide the Service. In addition, the payment processors generally provide us with some limited information related to you, such as a unique token that enables you to make additional purchases using the information they've stored, and your card's type, expiration date, and certain digits of your card number.
If you choose to pay by invoice, MusicPro may need to collect and store additional information, like your name, date of birth, and phone number, and provide it to payment processors we work with to issue invoices, to enable credit checks and to send you invoices.
Promotional Campaigns, Contests, Surveys and Giveaways
Other Service Providers, Vendors and Partners
We may also receive information about you from our service providers and partners, which we use to personalise your MusicPro experience, to measure ad quality and responses to ads, and to display ads that are more likely to be relevant to you
The personal data as provided/furnished by you to us or collected by us from you or through such other sources as may be necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes at the time it was sought or collected, may be processed for the following purposes (collectively referred to as the "Purposes"):
1. to register for a user Account with us;
2. to process, manage or verify your identity;
3. to provide, maintain and improve the Platform and/or Service to you;
4. to process payment from you, including authorising and processing online banking, credit/debit card transactions and sending receipts to you;
5. to communicate with you and to maintain and improve customer relationship;
6. to personalise and improve your user experience with the Platform and/or Service;
7. to provide you with support and handle requests and complaints;
8. to facilitate your participation in, and our administration of, any of our activities including contests, promotions, campaigns, polls or surveys;
9. to conduct market research or surveys, internal marketing analysis, customer profiling activities, analysis of customer patterns and choices, usage and activity trends analysis in relation to the Platform and/or Service and our users' demographics (on an anonymised basis);
10. to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim;
11. to comply with, our legal and regulatory obligations under the applicable laws, legislation, regulations or court orders;
12. to comply with or as required by any request or direction of any governmental/law enforcement authorities; or responding to requests for information from public agencies, ministries, statutory bodies or other similar authorities;
13. to detect, investigate and prevent any fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities or misuse of the Platform and/or Service;
14. to transfer or assign our rights, interests and obligations under any agreements entered into with us;
15. for internal administrative and updating purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, record keeping, contact lists, risk management, security, etc; and/or
17. to engage you to provide products and/or services to us/on our behalf;
18. to process any payments related to your commercial transactions with us;
19. to conduct credit reference checks and establish your credit worthiness,
20. to carry out due diligence or other monitoring or screening activities (including background checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations or risk management procedures that may be required by law or that may have been put in place by us;
21. to send you seasonal greetings messages, gifts, newsletters from time to time;
You have the right at any time to request us to stop sending you any marketing and promotional materials or contacting you for Marketing and Promotional Purposes. You may also click on the "Unsubscribe" link embedded in the relevant marketing and promotional email in order not to receive any marketing and promotional email in the future. If you unsubscribe, we may still send you non-marketing and promotional communications, such as those about your Account, about the Platform and/or Service or our ongoing business relations.
If you are a MusicPro member, your user profile information such as your username will be used to identify you when you use the Platform and/or Service. Your username may be displayed to other users when you submit your rating and/or review. We will not directly disclose or share your user email address and other information without your consent.
We may also use, process and share non-personally identifiable, aggregated, statistical and/or anonymous data with third parties for data analytics and to analyse and develop our marketing strategy and further improve and enhance the Platform and/or Service.
We will seek your separate consent for any other purposes which do not fall within the categories stated above.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web traffic analysis service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Please refer to http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners to find out more about how Google uses data when you use our website and how to control the information sent to Google.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Furthermore, you can prevent Google's collection and processing of data by using the Google Ads Settings page or downloading and installing their browser plug-in (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout).
We disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
We share your information among the Music Circle Company Limited and its subsidiaries as needed for: data processing and storage; providing you with access to our services; providing customer support; making decisions about service improvements, content development; and for other purposes described in the Use of Information section of this Privacy Statement.
We use other companies, agents or contractors ("Service Providers") to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we engage Service Providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to personalize and optimize our service, to process credit card transactions or other payment methods, to provide customer service, to collect debts, to analyze and enhance data (including data about users' interactions with our service), and to process and administer consumer surveys. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
We may offer joint promotions or programs that, in order for your participation, will require us to share your information with third parties. In fulfilling these types of promotions, we may share your name and other information in connection with fulfilling the incentive. Please note that these third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices.
In connection with any reorganization, restructuring, merger or sale, or other transfer of assets, we will transfer information, including personal information, provided that the receiving party agrees to respect your personal information in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Statement.
To the extent that the prevailing personal data protection and privacy laws of the countries we operate in allow, you have the right to request for access to, request for a copy of, request to update or correct, your personal data held by us. We may charge a small fee (such amount as permitted under the applicable law) to cover the administration costs involved in processing your request to access your personal data. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve our rights to rely on any statutory exemptions and/or exceptions to collect, use and disclose your personal data.
In addition, you also have the right, by notice in writing, to inform us on your withdrawal (in full or in part) of your consent given previously to us subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable duration of time for the withdrawal of consent to be effected. However, your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences arising from such withdrawal. In this regard, depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent for us to process your personal data, it may mean that we will not be able to continue with your existing relationship with us or the contract that you have with us will have to be terminated.
You may correct, update or delete your personal data at any time by editing your profile on the "Account Settings" page on the Platform. However, please note that your personal data may be retained on our back-up systems for some time. In addition, you cannot delete information associated with past transactions as we keep track of these records.
Under the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the "Ordinance"), individuals have the right:
1. to check whether we hold personal data about you and to access such data;
2. to require us to correct as soon as reasonably practicable any data relating to you which is inaccurate;
3. to ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and the kind of personal data held by us; and
4. to object to the use of your personal data for marketing purposes and we shall not use your personal data for marketing purposes after you communicate your objection to us.
You may exercise your opt-out right by notifying us if you wish to object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Any of your personal data provided to us is retained for as long as the purposes for which the personal data was collected continues; your personal data is then destroyed or anonymised from our records and back-up systems in accordance with our retention policy in the event your personal data is no longer required for the said purposes unless its further retention is required to satisfy a longer retention period to meet our operational, legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is stored securely. In order to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure or other similar risks, we endeavour, where commercially practicable, to implement appropriate technical, physical, electronic and procedural security measures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations and industry standard to safeguard against and prevent the unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data, and the destruction of, or accidental loss, damage to, alteration of, unauthorised disclosure of or access to your personal data.
The Internet is not a secure medium. However, we will put in place various reasonable security procedures with regard to the Platform and your electronic communications with us. All our employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of your personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
No data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be completely secure. While we take commercially practical steps to protect your personal data, we cannot and do not accept responsibility for any unauthorised access, unlawful interceptions or loss of personal data transmitted to or from MusicPro, and are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such personal data.
Our information technology storage facilities and servers may be located in other countries outside of your country. This may include, but not limited to, instances where your personal data may be stored on servers located outside of your country. In addition, your personal data may be disclosed or transferred to entities located outside your country. Please note that these foreign entities may be established in countries that might not offer a level of data protection that is equivalent to that offered in your country under the applicable laws in your country. You hereby expressly consent to us transferring your personal data outside of your country for such purpose.
Occasionally we may, in our discretion, make changes to the Agreements. When we make material changes to the Agreements, we will provide you with prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances, e.g., by displaying a prominent notice within the Service or by sending you an email. In some cases, we will notify you in advance, and your continued use of the Service after the changes have been made will constitute your acceptance of the changes. Please therefore make sure you read any such notice carefully. If you do not wish to continue using the Service under the new version of the Agreements, you may terminate the Agreements by contacting us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 31 January 2018
You acknowledge that the provision of your personal data to us over the Internet is entirely at your own risk. You further acknowledge that if you post your rating and/or review on the Platform, your rating and/or review will become a public information and will be retained by us even after your subscription plan has been terminated. Your email address and phone number will not be visible to others through any rating and/or review that you post.
We may automatically receive, record and store location services information from your computer or mobile device when you interact with us. You hereby consent to our use of anonymised location services information collected from you. Where the location services information is personally identifiable, we will give you the options to manage your disclosure of this information. Depending on the functionalities available on your computer or mobile device, you may benefit from advanced options to manage the location services information. A computer or mobile device may report its GPS location at the time you interact with us if the location services settings are enabled. Such information is not identified as personal data, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.